recording music

pprbh 22:12 12 Apr 08

Hi, i was wondering if there is any software availabe like winamp, WMA, etc but with a record butoon so you record sound, music etc that is playing back on the PC.

Many Thanks

Technotiger 22:14 12 Apr 08
  pprbh 22:59 12 Apr 08

hi mate, downloaded that program Audacity, looks good. Recorded a song and played it back but there's sound really distant. Not sure if it needs configuring or is there any other software better. Thanks mate.

eedcam 23:18 12 Apr 08

If you mean music via the internet choose stereo mix for the input and up the gain.otherwise choose whatever it is cd/line in /Mic

rob3600 05:36 13 Apr 08

Not a reply to your questing sorry:-) but can I just chip in and ask is there any hopefully free software that you can use to record from 45's tapes and L.P's that DON'T require any tweaking and fiddly work but do it for you. Thanks in anticipation.

Rob

tullie 07:31 13 Apr 08

Try Screemer Radio

eedcam 09:48 13 Apr 08

You ought to start anew thread or do a search plenty of posting on the subject .Audacity is fine for it and have alook at this
click here

pprbh 14:06 13 Apr 08

I can record from audacity using the settings ppl have discussed.

The problem is the playback on the clip i just recorded sounds distant with lots of hiss.

Can anyone pinpoint the problem. THANKS.

eedcam 14:20 13 Apr 08

Not audacities fault it records fine for me what are you recording from if possible post the site so we can cros check

pprbh 18:17 13 Apr 08

Well, I got any song from youtube homepage that came up and test recorded it on audactity as it was playing but the playback was distant and hissy, not like the original. Are my own sound settings on the laptop wrong then? Thanks

cocteau48 19:13 13 Apr 08

You cannot fault Audacity but have a look at the media player AIMP2
click here
it has a simple,no frills,one click record function.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…