Recording LP's to CD

mike55 19:24 24 Jul 03

Can anyone help. I am using EasyCD Creator trying to record my LP's onto CD and I can't get it to work.
I have a preamp for the record deck, a suitable cable to connect from the preamp to the line in on the sound card. Without EasyCD Creator selected any record playing will go through the sound card and out of the speakers. This would appear to suggest that the connection from the record deck through the sound card and out to the speakers is ok. I can select EasyCD Creator.
I then select Select A Project. Make A Music CD. Soundstream and then select Spin Doctor. All this time I can still hear the music.
I should then be able to select Preview and hear the music as it will be recorded but this cuts out the music. Has anyone any idea where I am going wrong.

Totally-braindead 19:48 24 Jul 03

Had the same problem myself last year, I've been trying to think how I solved it but I can't remember exactly. It was something to do with the windows sound controls, I can remember that much so have a look at them, it was either something being muted or I needed to add something to the recording section of multimedia for example enabling the audio in control. Sorry its a bit vague but I remember that it was something pretty simple and I kicked myself when I realised what it was. Good luck.
PS If I do remember exactly what it was I'll post you back.

beeuuem 20:00 24 Jul 03

You need to find your volume control. In 98 start Volume Control by clicking Start, pointing to Programs, pointing to Accessories, pointing to Entertainment, and then clicking Volume Control.
Then go to Options > Properties > Recording and select 'line in' to enable recording from the turntable.

mike55 21:54 03 Sep 03

Thanks for your help. Since the last messages I have replace the sound card with a better quality, SoundBlaster and so far things look good.

krypt1c 21:56 03 Sep 03

There's a tutorial in the current Computer Active Issue 145

the lone cloner 22:15 03 Sep 03

have a look at click here

the lone cloner 22:40 03 Sep 03

forget that link it's old and changed.

Algarvian 22:52 03 Sep 03

I use Musicmatch, record fom line in in mp3 mode then back out to CD, Musicmatch has a clean up facility for those old suface noises.

daba 23:45 03 Sep 03

Musicmatch - well-praised by few, overlooked by many.

So easy to use, haven't used the 'help' sections hardly ever.

I'm not on commission by the way, just a very satisfied user - well worth the upgrade fee...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…