Recording from a line in

Muckleface 16:37 12 Jul 03

Hi!

Ive connected a stereo out on my hifi to my line in on my PC.

I would like to make CD copies of old cassettes. I can hear the hifi sound on my PC fine, but I dont know how I can record it?

Jordan

beeuuem 16:49 12 Jul 03

This gives some good advice
click here
on how to record and clean up the files before you burn to CD.

Magik ®© 16:55 12 Jul 03

download the free,Music match jukebox, it does it all for you,and more........

jono_2003 17:01 12 Jul 03

Hi,
It's really easy i record my electric guitar through my pc all the time.
To record from a line in open the audio propeties by doule clicking the speaker in the system tray go to options -properties and click the recording option, make sure line in is selected in the check list and click ok. Make sure line in has a check in the select box and then set the recording volume, its usually best not to set this up to full whack else you get a bit of distortion. Then open up a bog standard recording utility such as the sound recorder that comes with windows hit record and press play on your hi-fi.

If all went well you should now have a .wav file of your cassette.
O.K I've forgoten to metion something here (sorry) sound recorder only records a maximum of 60 secs at a time, so you might need a different recording utlity.

I'm not familiar with many software packages that do the vinyl or cassette to cd conversion but one you might want to look at is steinbergs clean (website below), this is usefull because it filters out hum and fuzz from your old recordings.

click here

as for getting it to cd depending on what burning application you use you should be able to create a new audio cd and import the files you've just recorded to it.
happy recording!
Jono

BurrWalnut 17:09 12 Jul 03

I believe the latest MusicMatch does not allow "line in" recording.

Try to get the free version 5 (I think) from a friend.

toxin 20:15 12 Jul 03

Shareware Wave editor from click here will do all you ask and is free for 30 days I believe; some months since I used it but it's a good little prog.

Audio Cleaning Lab 3 around £25 is also another good bet.

Or if you have Nero, use the wave editor in that.

Hope this helps, Toxin.

SEASHANTY 20:17 12 Jul 03

Roxio Easy CD Creator, Ahead software's NERO and Steinberg's "CLEAN" will all allow you to do "line-in" recording and cleanup the sound input from vinyl or audio cassettes.

pj123 22:07 12 Jul 03

Try these 2 programmes. I use them to do exactly what you want. LP Recorder and LP Ripper both from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…