Recording Internet Radio

loftroom 21:37 04 Aug 04

I have Creative Audigy 2, which comes with an audio stream recorder. It wont let me record anything as all the controls are greyed out, except the volume, which works. there are a couple of radio stations, [email protected], reccommended by PC Advisor, being one, that broadcast in near CD quality but try as i may i cannot get anything on to my hard drive.Question is, am i being niave in thinking i can download this stuff for free? or is ther some application out there that will allow me to do this? Im not into Pop but enjoy Classical music.

Dipso 21:52 04 Aug 04

on here asked the same question click here

pj123 21:59 04 Aug 04

Download JetAudio free from click here

I use it exclusively, it will download, play and record almost anything.

accord 22:09 04 Aug 04

click here , save file to desktop then edit in whatever editing suite you have. Works fine for me recording and internet radio.

loftroom 17:30 05 Aug 04

Thanks for your help to all who responded,Ihave installed Jet Audio....works a treat, and what a great looking piece of software, the visualisations are pretty good too.I've just discovered that [email protected] seems to be broadcasting in Mono, would anyone like to confirm this. Ive checked all my settings, and everything is set for 5.1, and plays well. I imagine that stereo is only available to those who go for the Premium version, or am i just an old cynic?

pj123 14:52 06 Aug 04

Pleased to know JetAudio is working for you. You now need to set it up so that it will accept RealPlayer files (if you haven't already done so). Open the programme and go to Preferences, File Type Associations. In the right hand window click on Check All and then Update and then OK. Radio stations like the BBC seem to want RealPlayer. Once you have set JetAudio up though it will stream BBC.

loftroom 17:23 08 Aug 04

Thanks for your advice,this may interest you...i have trawled around a bit and have come back to w/media player where i came across ACCUradio. It is in editors picks under Nostalgia. It streams tracks in Glorious 5.1 with no chat.Im an old fogey so of course this appeals to me, though if you enjoy the old standards you will too.Give it a try its good.Disable your popup blocker first and also the one in TweakPro if you use it otherwise the Radio wo'nt be accesible.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…