Recording from Freeview

folsom 21:01 11 Feb 10

Is it possible to reord programmes from Freeview using an ordinary VCR?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:11 11 Feb 10

Yes provided your VCR records from Scart / aux input.

Plug in freeview box to VCR scart input, set timer on freeview box to switch to correct channel at correct time - set VCR to record from scart at same time.

johnnyrocker 21:12 11 Feb 10

depends on the channels available on the vcr ie if one had a receiver one could either tune rf to a spare channel on vcr or via a scart from a receiver?

johnny

folsom 21:42 11 Feb 10

Thanks guys,just to expand on this, prior to going digital I had no problem recording any of the 4 channels that were avaiable at that time, but since switching I can find no instructions of how to record progs, although I fully understand that I can only record the programme I am watching.

The problem I am facing is "setting" the VCR to correspond with the Freeview channels.

The Freeview box has 2 scart connections, so do I connect the tv arial firstly to the VCR and then to the Freeview box or 'tother way round, any pointers to successfully achieve this would be appreciated.

Hope i have explained this reasonbly well.

john bunyan 21:51 11 Feb 10

Set VCR to record from AV (or AV1 or whatever your set top box is shown as).In Freeview ECP set the prog to come on. Set the time on the VCR to start a minute or two earlier and finish a bit later in case of over or under run. I would daisy chain the aerial, in to set top box, then to VCR then to TV. The Scart carries the programme to the VCR on digital and in effect acts as its tuner. You can therefore set it to come on in your absence or watch an anologue prog on your TV while the set top is feeding the VCR.

folsom 22:05 11 Feb 10

john bunyan....thank you will try what you suggest tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced