Recording FM radio on hard drive

Delthebuilder 20:26 18 Oct 06

Does anyone know how to (or if it's possible to) record fm radio transmissions direct onto hard drive? I want to record a daily programme whilst I am on holiday in a few weeks time. Any help would be appreciated. I am running XP with SP2. I am fairly computer illiterate so treat me gently :) Thanks a lot, people.

Woolwell 22:46 18 Oct 06

Don't know how to set it up to record on hard drive.

But which program do you want? How long are you away for? The BBC have the option to listen again for a number of their programmes on the web. This is usually available for the week.

woodchip 23:02 18 Oct 06
  Delthebuilder 02:37 19 Oct 06

I have a local radio station talk show that is on for 4hrs. a day and I wanted to use my hard drive as a "very long play" tape recorder. I am away for three weeks, so the recording time would be a total of 84hrs. split into segments. I just want to plug my radio into the back of the tower and leave the radio on with the computer recording the input at preset times. I have looked at those sites Woodchip, but am not sure if this will be possible with any of them. Thanks for the help though, given me something to work on.

Sparkly 09:03 19 Oct 06

This allso might be of help
click here
The same is allso here
click here

Delthebuilder 20:50 19 Oct 06

Thank you all who offered me help with my problem, I think I have it sorted now. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5