Recording device used by DLA

bravo charlie 12:28 20 Jan 04

When I try to access a new CD to format it in Windows Explorer (XP), I get the following message:
"Your primary recording device is being used by DLA. Please wait until DLA is finished then try again."
What exactly is DLA and why does this happen?
How can I get it to finish whatever it is doing so I can formay my CD?

Is this relevant click here ?

roygbiv 12:50 20 Jan 04

DLA = Disability Living Allowance

Sorry, could resist. Alan

bravo charlie 12:55 21 Jan 04

Thanks [email protected]@m for your input and the link.

I am reluctant to remove any software without more understanding of the problem but from your link at least I know a little more about DLA (but not enough!!)

I have a new system with 2xDVD/CD R/RWs run on XP.

I just deleted some images from a CD-RW and when I then tried to write some new info to the CD I got the same old message "Your primary recording device is being used by DLA. Please wait until DLA is finished then try again.
This remains, preventing me from using the E drive again until I reboot the system at which point I get a warning about possible data loss from any open programs followed by "data being updated".

When the system reboots I am back in business.

However, for some reason I am not able to properly write and re-write to CDs. This is, I suspect due to some error on my part.
For example, how do I ensure , when copying file to a CD, that they are not copied as read only files? This seems to happen (but not always)even if the source file is not read only. I then cannot delete the file and for some reason cannot re-format the CD.

If anyone can help with this I would be most grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…