Recording from the computer to external MiniDisk

daisy2bell 11:02 26 Oct 04

I'm trying to record from the computer to an external MiniDisk recorder, and I am having problems.
Soundcard is "Soundblaster Adigy LS" .I don't know which plug to use on the soundcard. Is it a simple case of Putting a cable into the "line out" of the soundcard and into the "line in" on the MiniDisk recorder, and then set to record.Or have I got to configure something.
Any help gratefuly accepted
Thanks
Fred
I have previously recorded from the HiFi to the minidisk with success, but not having any luck from the computer to the MiniDisk

johnnyrocker 11:07 26 Oct 04

line out line in sounds the way to go but thr minidisc might need setting to aux?

jjohnny.

canard 15:04 26 Oct 04

My grandson just plugs the minidisc into the microphone hole.

daisy2bell 21:12 26 Oct 04

I've sorted it. Silly me!!!!!!!!!!!
I used the wrong cable

Anyway, thanks everyone

daisy2bell 10:54 17 Nov 04

Having got it to work, I now have another problem, namely that when I listen to the recorded item on the minidisk using headphones, I only get sound from one side.
Is it possible to record in stereo
Thanks

Peverelli 11:33 17 Nov 04

Check that the cable has a stereo plug on each end. A mono plug will have one black ring on the metal end and a stereo will have two. There is a possibility of a faulty lead. Does the sound come out of both speakers when you play music on the PC?

Check your headphones by playing music that you KNOW has been recorded in stereo.

Finally, make sure the plug is inserted fully at each end.

Obvious points I know, but then again people have been known to use the wrong cable ;-)

daisy2bell 07:55 19 Nov 04

Thanks for that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…