RECORDING ANALOG SOUND 2 DIGITAL

AZUGU PLATINUM 17:01 25 Jan 04

I HAVE THIS NICE OLD SONG ON A CASSETTE . HOW CAN I SAVE IT IN MY WINDOWS MEDIA.I TRIED USING THE MICROPHONE BUT IT DIDNOT WORK.

y_not 18:08 25 Jan 04

I thought it was as straight forward as connecting form the cassette players headphone socket direct to the line-in socket on your sound-card.

Sure someone more knowledgeable (thats just about everyone) will confirm.

BooST 20:02 25 Jan 04

There is a program that came on one of the editions of Pc advisor called AUDACITY and i found it very usefull to convert my tapes or records onto my Pc cause it lets you set input levels etc to get a clear recording.
There are also other free trial programs on the net that do the same thing.
hope this helpfull

stlucia 13:04 26 Jan 04

Briefly, you connect the headphone-out or the line-out or aux-out on your cassette player to the line-in socket on your PC sound card.

Then, you've probably got some software that came with your sound card which will allow you to (a) listen to the music through your PC's speakers and (b) record it while you're listening.

What sound card have you got? Maybe others can then give you more-specific instructions.

Sheila-214876 14:02 26 Jan 04

It needs to be connected from the cassette player's "line-out" or as y_not says the "headphone" socket to the "line-in" on your sound card. You would still need a recording programme though and, if you think you may have a lot more cassettes or records that you would like to save or put on to CD then you would be better off getting something like LP Recorder and LP Ripper (which I use) from click here or you could try JetAudio free from click here

I use JetAudio and it appears to have a recording function although, I have never used it.

Sheila-214876 15:22 26 Jan 04

Just tried the recording function in JetAudio and it works fine. It defaults to the "My Music" folder but that can be changed and also the volume control needs to be set. Other than that it looks and sounds good to me, and all for free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…