record what is playing on the computer

johnincrete 07:11 04 Nov 14

Some years ago, I had some software that recorded whatever was playing on the computer. Can anyone suggest suitable software.

It is a rare occurence because most audio is downloadable so I don't want to pay much - and free would be nice!!

GloriaWhite 09:11 04 Nov 14

I also need the solution

Nontek 09:15 04 Nov 14
  spuds 09:22 04 Nov 14

Looking at the link provided by Nontek, there are some websites that are getting a bad reputation for downloading unwanted items on a computer. cnet and softonic might need a working and check anti device, before downloading anything from those sites.

Woolwell 09:40 04 Nov 14
  lotvic 09:55 04 Nov 14

Audacity is the good free one. Just be careful where you download from, do a custom install and untick/deselect any 'extras' offered (as per you would do with any free program these days). From click here or download from filehippo and choose 'Direct Download' (not the download manager button as I think that gives you extra extras?)

lotvic 09:57 04 Nov 14

FileHippo, d/load Audacity click here

Woolwell 10:47 04 Nov 14

The link that I provided earlier (put on by iPad so didn't come out clearly) is to Audacity and provides a download without any nasties.

lotvic 14:22 04 Nov 14

Woolwell, I cross-posted with yours. I should have refreshed the page before posting... :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple