record TV on a pc. Some advice.

nerawan 19:17 18 Jan 11

Hi. i have XP Pro and I'd like to record TV programs in the hard drive and then unto DVd. I have an LG tv/monitor. My first question is : althought the monitor is also a tv, do I need a TV TUNER installed in my PC?.

Second thing is, apart from WindowsMediaCenter that comes with w7 and cost money, what good available software is there to do this?. some advice. Thanks.

john bunyan 19:32 18 Jan 11

Yes, You need a tuner. Have a look here.
click here
I have had a media centre PC on both XP and W7. The software was with the installation disc, but if you explore the link I think the tuner supplier has software. You can burn dvd's but if that is your main reason, it would be easier to buy a Freeview DVD recorder with HD and disc burning facilities, as the PC coding is not as easy as that of a DVD recorder..

john bunyan 19:33 18 Jan 11

Also see here:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…