record sound

iqs 19:54 09 Mar 06

Hello.Is there any software available which will record sound off the Pc.For example a piece of music from a game or film ,which can be recorded and saved as a music file for cd playback.
Thanks,Mike

keverne 20:49 09 Mar 06
  ashdav 23:40 09 Mar 06

click here
set the input to stereo mixer. this will then record anything that passes through your sound card (or on board sound)

iqs 21:35 11 Mar 06

Hi All,And many thanks for your help.I have installed Audcity and require some very simple advice.Basically how to create a bog standard recording of what is being played via the pc in WAV format.I have tried twice to recorded a piece of music,this went well.But the recording saved was not recognised,unknown file.Can anyone offer a step by step guide just to get me started please,or a helpful link.Many thanks.Regards,Mike

rsinbad 21:43 11 Mar 06

try this records anything playing on your computer, choose record what i hear.
click here
its free

woodchip 21:47 11 Mar 06

If you burn to CD the Disc as to be finalized before it will play on other equipment

iqs 10:51 13 Mar 06

Hi woodchip,and thanks for the tip.I have just installed Jet Audio,many thanks rsinbad.Cheers,Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…