Record Radio Station output to CD

jonmac 22:51 08 Dec 07

I have absolutely no knowledge of music manipulation on PCs. Last time I recorded radio was on a reel to reel tape recorder in the 60s so can anyone outline to me how I capture the output from an internet radio station on the internet and eventually get it on to a CD and what equipment or software I would need, please?
I'm running XP on a dual core Athlon 4200 machine

MCE2K5 23:07 08 Dec 07

Audacity, click here

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6, click here

MAJ 23:38 08 Dec 07

This thread click here will tell you how to set Audacity to record from your computer. Just follow those settings, turn on your radio station and press Record in Audacity, when the broadcast is finished then go to File > Export as wav or mp3.

jonmac 00:23 09 Dec 07

Thanks for that MCE2K5 but I really am a rookie in these matters and need just a little more detail.
I guess that the sound coming into my PC at the moment from Radio Tay (my son doing a late-night easy listening programme) needs to be directed to my HD somewhere, but how? Next it would need some editing Audacity? before burning to a disk (Ashampoo) to play in my car?

jonmac 00:30 09 Dec 07

MAJ Thanks for that. For some reason I didn't notice your post when I returned. That looks helpful so I'll have a go tomorrow and get myself up to speed for next week's programme. Right now I'm off to bed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…