Record radio music use laptop or desktop?

tonyq 16:25 PM 27 Dec 11
Answered

I am hoping to record some brass band music from the radio using Audacity.My question is,would it make any difference to the quality if I record the music using my laptop or using my desktop pc which as 5.1 sound. I will be saving the recording in MP3 format.

john bunyan 17:04 PM 27 Dec 11

Prviding you use a "good" MP3 compression ,say a bitrate of 128, it does not make any difference where you record it. The difference comes if you replay it, where the 5.1 sound would be a lot better.If more convenient you could record on the laptop and transfer to the desktop via a usb hd.

ton 17:22 PM 27 Dec 11

If you want it to sound good, then record higher than 128. 320 will sound better.

Aitchbee 18:18 PM 27 Dec 11

Recording the music in mono mode rather than stereo, might be better, if you want to keep your soundfile sizes to a manageable size.

tonyq 20:28 PM 27 Dec 11
Answer

I split the difference and recorded at 256 bit rate.It is now downloaded and ready to put on a CD. Thank you for your help/advice.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites