Record radio music use laptop or desktop?

tonyq 27 Dec 11
Answered

I am hoping to record some brass band music from the radio using Audacity.My question is,would it make any difference to the quality if I record the music using my laptop or using my desktop pc which as 5.1 sound. I will be saving the recording in MP3 format.

john bunyan 27 Dec 11

Prviding you use a "good" MP3 compression ,say a bitrate of 128, it does not make any difference where you record it. The difference comes if you replay it, where the 5.1 sound would be a lot better.If more convenient you could record on the laptop and transfer to the desktop via a usb hd.

ton 27 Dec 11

If you want it to sound good, then record higher than 128. 320 will sound better.

Aitchbee 27 Dec 11

Recording the music in mono mode rather than stereo, might be better, if you want to keep your soundfile sizes to a manageable size.

tonyq 27 Dec 11
Answer

I split the difference and recorded at 256 bit rate.It is now downloaded and ready to put on a CD. Thank you for your help/advice.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message