record radio 4 on iplayer

tonyx1302 14:30 15 Nov 14
Answered

I am very confused...again ! I am trying to download and save tv/radio progs to my desktop and or ipad.
I have iplayer installed but when opening a prog hoping to download and save it only plays and doesn't give me the option to download and save for the future. Any help....in very basic instruction please as very basic knowledge

Thank you

Tony

john bunyan 14:36 15 Nov 14

I think it would be easier to download and save a "podcast" that can then be put into I Tunes see:

Podcast

Alternatively you record a live broadcast via a programme like Roxio or Audacity, but if you do that you have to be there - thus defeating the object.

john bunyan 14:38 15 Nov 14

Also see:

iTunes podcasts

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 15 Nov 14
Answer

you would be breaking copywrite by saving the program.

You can keep downloaded programmes for up to 30 days. Once you press play on a programme, you have up to seven days before the download gets deleted.

click here

tonyx1302 15:00 15 Nov 14

Thank you both for coming back so quickly. Sorry if I appear stupid but have gone to pod download but once it has down loaded where is it saved to ? I want to download and save a 'library' of Gardeners World/Desert Island Disc type progs so as to have avail in the future.

Is this not poss so if I download a prog I have a max of thirty days only before it self deletes. Is this correst ? Thanks again Tony

tonyx1302 15:24 15 Nov 14

Thank you both.I have read your posts and now understood where I was going wrong and the copy write implications.

Problem solved.Green tick on its way Many thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 15:26 15 Nov 14

So long since I used the forum. How do I 'green tick' now ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…