Record from Dig TV to onto or video

March Wind 11:42 AM 17 May 12

I would like to record BBC new onto disk or video tape. Is this possible or do I need a digital recorder? Also. how and is it possible to record from BBCi Player onto a disk on my PC?

john bunyan 11:53 AM 17 May 12

March Wind

What Operating system do you have? I have W7 ultimate, and have a TV tuner and Microsoft Media Centre Edition (MCE)so I can use the PC like a DVD recorder to the HD or burn DVD's. Not sure what you mean by BBC new? Here is one example of many TV PVR's available: Hauppauge

I do not think it is possible to record BBC iPlayer, but may be wrong. I used to have MCE on XP as well but think it had to be part of the PC supply.I also believe that MCE is part of W7 Home Premium and above only.

john bunyan 12:04 PM 17 May 12

PS you can get quite cheap USB TVPVR's for laptops at about £40; I have one and it is very good. Works on W7 as a USB plug in, and has own software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…