Record analog movies to DVD

caseylee 17:28 25 Jun 03

I have many hours of analog camcorder tapes (Hi 8 format) that I'd like to record to DVD. I'm not sure whether it would easier (or better quality) to do this via a PC, or one of the new stand-alone DVD recorders sold by Panasonic, Philips, etc.
I'm buying a new computer and am considering getting a DVD burner and ports so I can connect my Hi 8 camcorder. Is this best, or should I opt for the stand-alone unit? Any ideas? Thanks!

-pops- 18:45 25 Jun 03

Standalone DVD writers are restricted in the amount of editing they are capable of so, if you want to try to make a Hollywood style masterpiece, you really do need to do it on your computer. Also, if you already have a DVD player then a DVD writer in your computer will be cheaper than a standalone writer, even taking into account the cost of an A/D converter and software.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…