Reconnection

rins36 23:51 20 Mar 03

My new comp disconnects after 2 hours & unlike the old comp I am not aware of this until I try to read a webpage. I am sure there is a posting on here somewhere that relates to this along with a posting of mine but cant remember the "Title"

However is there a prog that is free to dload & does not cause programme confliction on the comp that enables reconnection immediately after disconnection

eccomputers 00:32 21 Mar 03

many ISPs including BT will chuck you off if you are online for 2 hours with no activity. I'm sure that bt throw me off in about 20 minutes. There are programs out there that make your ISP think you are actively doing something.

Megatyte 00:36 21 Mar 03

Even if your connection is active you'll still get booted after the cut-off time. Most ISP's disconnect you after a few minutes of inactivety but you don't need any third party software to stop this. Just set your mail client to check for mail every few minutes.

AH

rins36 00:47 21 Mar 03

Megatyte

Its not the e-mail thats the problem its the disconnection whilst dloading stuff that warrants a prog that reconnects on disconnection, I am sure there is one. E-mail is set to read every minute

Megatyte 01:06 21 Mar 03

The e-mail thing was just to stop disconnection after a few minutes of inactivity.

In IE select Tools - Internet Options - Connections. Select "Dial whenever a network connection is not present". Apply and OK.

AH

rins36 20:58 21 Mar 03

Megatyte

Thanks I will give & go and see wht happens

rins36 00:22 23 Mar 03

Megatyte

In IE select Tools - Internet Options - Connections. Select "Dial whenever a network connection is not present". Apply and OK.

I have done the above & my comp does not reconnect straight after the 2 hr disconnection. Any other advice would be appreciated

rins36

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…