Reconfigure Router for new supplier

Field Division 16:17 16 Feb 12
Answered

Hi All,

I have just left Talk Talk who supplied me with a D-link router, I am going over to Sky broadband but have to wait for their router to arrive 5-7 days, but I work from home and really cant do without my broadband connection, Sky have activated the broadband but it isnt much use as I have no router yet, I was wondering if it is possible to configure the one I have for Talk Talk to be setup for Sky, the router is a D-Link DSL- 2640R. I f it is possible will this cause issues when Sky deliver theirs? and the main part of this question is how to do it if it is possible and won't cause any problems when new router arrives.

Many thanks

KRONOS the First 16:34 16 Feb 12
Answer

I think you will find it is pretty difficult to set up another router to use your Sky broadband.a bit of reading for you. Sky.

onthelimit1 16:57 16 Feb 12

If TT are the same as Tiscali, the router is tied to them and can't be re-configured

Field Division 18:08 16 Feb 12

Intresting reading Chronus thanks for that, I may be well off track but it puzzles me to think places like amazon sells these routers, I have been involved setting up routers before which we buy straight from our supplier and plug them into a laptop and configure these for our colleagues, okay that might be due to it being a different enviroment i.e ships but thats my thoughts anyway,

again thxs for your replies

KRONOS the First 18:13 16 Feb 12

Certain ISP's do not have problem using a router other than there one supplied by them but others do. I am with Be broadband and do not use the supplied BeBox but a Netgear instead.

Field Division 18:26 16 Feb 12

Uck well looks like I will just have to keep tethering until new box arrives,

Cheers for taking tim eout to reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…