recommended software for resizing screen drawings

kimtrnc 18:07 PM 14 Dec 11

I am having a bit of a fight with both Painter X and 12. They both seem to decide what size drawing I can have.

Generally, my on-screen drawing ends up either too small or too big. One in particular is annoying me - I drew a mountain view type pic, which prints as approx 8 x 5 - sometimes it is much smaller, and sometimes so big that I can't print it on A3 paper.

What am I doing wrong, please, gurus? Free painting to anyone who can solve this (if you can stand my amazingly beautiful drawings!!!!

Diemmess 18:30 PM 14 Dec 11

I have used Corel for years, and admit few others do!

Corel Photopaint at the print preview stage, can be dragged and resized all over the page regardless of chosen paper size.

I would be surprised if there isn't a cheaper program available

ton 18:55 PM 14 Dec 11

Gimp is a free photo editor than can do almost anything you need.

lotvic 19:40 PM 14 Dec 11

For resizing for printing I have choice of different methods,

Using Paint Shop Pro 7 (from Jasc before Corel bought them out) at the print preview stage I can resize by %age

or I can choose the 'Print Multiple Images' option which allows me to grab a corner and resize (I can have just one pic on page - don't have to have multiple pics)

Using Microsoft Word or Publisher - insert picture into Document grab a corner and resize then print.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week