Recommended Modem

rupie 21:25 27 Jul 09

I need some recommendations on a new modem for my Broadband, I want just a modem as where the socket comes out of the wall I do not want to put a large router. Do not ask me why I do not extend the socket !!!.
I have a linksys WRT546GS wireless router that works fine and did buy a Linksys AM200 modem, unfortunatly I did not know they are incompatible with each other, Do not go there either.
So what would be a good economical unit to buy ? My broadband is 512kb

rdave13 23:37 27 Jul 09

I think a modem/router is best(a single unit). No need for a separate modem unit and separate router unit.

rupie 09:22 28 Jul 09

Thats not what I asked is it. Thanks

tullie 18:03 28 Jul 09

I havent used a modem for years,is their a size difference beteen a modem and a router?

rdave13 20:02 28 Jul 09

Possibly ask Linksys support; click here
Apologise for not answering your question correctly. Won't do it again.

Tech Guy 21:18 28 Jul 09

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength - Eric Hoffer

Tullie

There is a size difference, but if you can hide a modem then you can hide a router. But I surpose if you have several wired machines then you have the cables to hide too :(

tullie 22:32 28 Jul 09

Ticked so i suppose its resolved??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…