Recommended Internet security suites

charlton200 18:02 PM 21 Aug 11

Hello, I prefer the all-in-one internet security suite's. Which ones do you recommend, being excellent and not slowing my computer down.

macsteve 18:34 PM 21 Aug 11

If you are looking for a all-in-one internet security suite.

I would recommend ESET NOD 32 been using it for years and is truly a install and forget system and doesn't slow your computer down.

Picked up my last copy at Christmas for only £12 but prices vary.

rawprawn 19:03 PM 21 Aug 11

Norton 2011

orsta 19:06 PM 21 Aug 11

Comodo and it's free.

lucky1 19:18 PM 21 Aug 11

Norton 2011 cannot be beaten.

birdface 21:39 PM 21 Aug 11

I know that you are looking for a Security Suite but to me just a waste of money unless you are going to buy a good Anti-malware program to go along with it.

Woolwell 22:21 PM 21 Aug 11

buteman - a good suite contains a good anti-malware program.

Norton is good nowadays. I have Kaspersky because it came free with my on-line banking. Malwarebytes and SAS does not find anything Kaspersky hasn't already found apart from a few tracking cookies. If I was to pay I would go down the Norton route.

birdface 08:10 AM 22 Aug 11

All I can say is any good Anti-Malware program with full time protection along with any free Anti-Virus program works ok for me.

The days of Anti-virus programs protecting your computer are long gone and you have to move with the times.

So to me paying for an anti-virus program is not as good as paying for a good Anti-Malware program.

An example of cheap Security without paying through the nose is this.

Click on buy for Emisoft Anti-Malware and you also get AVG both for £21 that is about all the protection that you need for a small outlay.

Not everyones cup of tea maybe but to me gives you the basic security that you need to feel safe with.

Or just Emisoft on its own with the likes of MSE Free will do just as good.

At the moment I am using Avast Internet Security which I got free for 1 year and I am quite impressed with that.

I used Norton years ago and had nothing but problems with it and even if I got it free today I still would not use it.

I know it is a far better product nowadays but not for me.

The pro version of MalwareBytes is a one off payment I believe so well worth paying for that.

If you look for coupon codes for it you can get it even cheaper.

rawprawn 09:54 AM 24 Aug 11

Outpost security Suite Pro

Free for the next 22 hours 1 year license

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know