Recommended driver update program

Happy37 09:43 23 Sep 08

Hello everyone...

I have read through the various threads regarding driver update programs on here.

I have looked at Driveragent

click here

DriverGuide

click here

Driver Detective

via Google

I though that I'd ask you all - what one program do you recommend and why?

Thanks for your help.

iscanut2 09:47 23 Sep 08

Have a look at this one
click here

Happy37 09:51 23 Sep 08

Nuts

Thanks for your response - as far as I can see, this program only updates programs, not drivers, or does it?

Please let me know...if yes, then I will download it and give this one a go.

Thanks again....

iscanut2 10:06 23 Sep 08

I am sure it deals with drivers as I updated my Graphics card from here so I assume it will also cope with other drivers such as video cams, sound cards, printers etc. Anyway, give it a go, you can always uninstall it !

Happy37 10:07 23 Sep 08

Nuts

Will give this a go later tonight after I finish work and will report back...thanks again for your input.

Regards

happy37

cocteau48 10:17 23 Sep 08

Happy37
I use DriverMax
click here
with success. Very simple to run.

Happy37 10:32 23 Sep 08

cocteau48

Thanks for this - maybe you can clarify a point that I have about DriverMax:-

I used version 3 and 4 I think quite a while ago when the program first came out...and I wasn't able to update my drivers as the program kept saying that drivers weren't available to download from within the program in those versions?

Has this changed now, and what version is the program on at the moment?

Please advise, and I will be more than happy to try the program again.

Thanks

Happy37

cocteau48 12:14 23 Sep 08

Happy37
Not a lot that I can add (as I am not familiar with earlier versions) other than I ran the program (version 4.4 by the way) and it updated everything which it found that required updating.
It's not all automatic - you can choose specifically which drivers you want to let it update.

Happy37 12:17 23 Sep 08

cocteau48

I will try the program tonight and will post back with my results.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Happy37

Stuartli 12:42 23 Sep 08

The best way to get the latest drivers is to visit the manufacturers' websites every so often and check.

You can also spot the release of the latest programs and drivers at MajorGeeks or Softpedia with a daily check.

Happy37 13:15 23 Sep 08

Stuartli

Many thanks for making this point as well - will keep this mind when doing driver updates and so on.

Regards

Happy37

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…