Recommendations for Wireless Printer

gmm 20:25 14 Oct 08

I have a Brother 330C Multifunction Printer. I am looking to get a similar Wireless one any recommendations? GMM

Technotiger 20:30 14 Oct 08
  woodchip 21:38 14 Oct 08

If you bought a Network Printer Switch to plug into your router you would have a bigger selection of normal printers to choose from

woodchip 21:39 14 Oct 08

PS scanners will not work on Wireless, plus whats the point as you have to go to scanner to load things into it

Woolwell 21:57 14 Oct 08

Woodchip

What makes you say that scanners will not work on wireless? At my office I access a photocopier/printer wirelessly and can scan.

You have to go to the printer to collect the paper so what is the difference for scanning.

The advantages of a wireless printer is that more than one computer can access it without the main PC being on.

Woolwell 22:04 14 Oct 08

Now understand most home multifunction will not scan wirelessly. In any case I have found it be slow across a wireless network.

gmm 00:06 15 Oct 08

Need wireless to allow Wife easy access to printer from Laptop and to print from my own Laptop without having to connect up each time we wish to print something.
Now going to research wireless print server
Thanks
GMM

gmm 17:10 15 Oct 08

Would a netgear print server be better than getting a network printer and connecting it to my existing netgear wireless router.

GMM

woodchip 19:53 15 Oct 08

Yes that is what I suggested, then you can use any usb printer

woodchip 19:56 15 Oct 08

PS you can use the original printer you now have to print to from Wireless Laptop. Provided you setup a Network, which is easy to do. But to use the printer on other Computers, the Computer with the Printer attached would have to be switched on as well as the printer

gmm 01:10 22 Oct 08

Thanks for you help.
Have ordered Netgear wireless printer server.
GMM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…