Recommendations for PSU Tester

Hoseman 10:29 29 May 06

Hi, my older PC has died. There is no beep or any sign of life when pressing the power button.

Ive been advised to use a PSU tester as its likely to be the PSU. Never used one before and wouldnt know which one to buy. Can anyone recommend one so I can test whether it is the PSU or not?

vinnyT 13:13 29 May 06

Scan sell one for £10.52 (inc vat)+p&p, click here, don't know if it's any good never used one.

Hope this helps.

Ray5776 13:33 29 May 06

Antec make a good one, type Antec into Ebay, I bought mine there £13 & £2 postage, nice little tool.

woodchip 13:33 29 May 06

Put the money toward a New PSU a good one

Stuartli 13:36 29 May 06

I would agree fully with woodchip - no use throwing good money after bad.

But try and borrow a PSU first and try it in your system just to ensure your present one has expired.

Ray5776 13:41 29 May 06

Good point woodchip & stuartli.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:41 29 May 06

PSU TEST
click here

Totally-braindead 14:48 29 May 06

click here but theres not much point buying it really as I presume you'd only use it the once. Better to do as the others have suggested and try another power supply and if that works put the money saved towards a decent quality one.

DieSse 14:51 29 May 06

I agree with the above - don't buy a tester - in more years than I care to remember building and repairing PCs I never had a tester.

Check for failure by substituting another one - and whatever you do buy a good quality one if you need a replacement - All PSUs are not created equal - quality counts.

pj123 14:59 29 May 06

I agree as well, but as you appear to have another PC that is working why not try taking the PSU from that PC and trying in the other one.

If it works, a new PSU is the answer. If it doesn't then we have to think again.

BBez 18:13 29 May 06

click here to test with the green wire trick and a multimeter...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017