Recommendations for free A/V ware

jack 10:50 12 Dec 04

Now that AVG is no longer Free[Skinflint me]
What are the recommendations for a replacement?
A machine that I am sorting needs replacement for trouble some Norton A/V ware.

johnnyrocker 10:56 12 Dec 04

i believe avg 7 has a free version? you could click here or click here

johnny.

Graham ® 10:59 12 Dec 04

Yes, AVG is free:

click here

robbiehood 11:00 12 Dec 04

Click on this click here

Gongoozler 11:01 12 Dec 04

I,m using Avast click here, and find it better than AVG or Norton.

mbp 11:53 12 Dec 04

Latest Reviews prefer Avast. AVG has been neglecting their free version badly. They could loose out in the long run. AVG's retail version is fine.

jack 12:09 12 Dec 04

Thank you for those
Any one kow about PANDA?

Baslla321 12:24 12 Dec 04

I tried Panda TruPrevent personal 2005 to compliment my Nortons but did not like it. It is 32Mb and I had trouble with the taskbar icons which kept popping up endlessly and without any control, so I uninstalled and deleted it. It is shareware and on test for a month.

johnnyrocker 12:32 12 Dec 04

eats shoots and leaves?;))

johnny.

Stuartli 12:39 12 Dec 04

As pointed out, AVG is still very much free if you don't want all the bells and whistles...:-)

Extremely efficient - just update (check) on a daily basis and configure it properly.

fourjays 13:00 12 Dec 04

I would highly recommend AVG paid version. It is well worth the £20, and you get updates almost daily. It runs much the same as the original Free v6.0. It doesn't interfere much with games, unlike NIS, and McAfee which manage to make a game stutter. I don't think AVG have any yearly subs either, unlike the others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…