Recommendations for free spyware

BlackSapphire 14:21 11 Feb 08

Hi guys,

I need to source a new spyware program other than Ad Aware 2007, since they've tinkered with it to make it 'better' it is crap for want of a better word, it stops working totally and I've had to uninstall it three times, most users on Lavasoft's Forums have the same problem, in short AdAware SE was great, but 2007 aint, so I need another program, tried Windows Defender but that is a product to run alongside other programs, I don't get on with Spybot. I want a free program if it's possible, any ideas?

Thanks guys.

The Kestrel 14:29 11 Feb 08

Try superantispyware from here click here

BlackSapphire 14:32 11 Feb 08

meant to add the I don't want test, beta or 30 day trial stuff, I want a bona fide program, I already tried filehipo but they show beta and 30 day trial stuff.

pj123 14:32 11 Feb 08

I am running AdAware 2007 and I have not had any problems with it.

I also run Spybot Search and Destroy (not often)
and SuperAntiSpyware.

All free.

Super Anti Spyware: click here

Spybot: click here

sunny staines 14:36 11 Feb 08

as pj123 says

The Kestrel 14:40 11 Feb 08

Superantispyware is not a beta or free trial program. It is a fully working free antispyware program used by many members of this forum. If you don't like File Hippo there are many other sites from which it can be downloaded.

BlackSapphire 14:42 11 Feb 08

yeah, finally founfd the free version, but the one I tried ear;ier from filehippo was 30 day trial - it said so on the page I was downlaoding. No matter, I have downloaded it now so again, thanks muchly.

The Kestrel 14:42 11 Feb 08

Sorry, just checked back on File Hippo. If you don't want to use the beta program headlined, then download the previous version, which is not beta.

The Kestrel 14:46 11 Feb 08

Here's the link direct to super anti-spyware to download the free home edition. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced