Recommendations On Firewalls

scooby43 15:52 21 Aug 03

hi I just wanted to ask everyone I know there are loads of firewalls out there but I wanted to know what peoples views are on them if I may and which offer the best protection against things on the internet at the moment I have zone alarm ?

thanks in advanced

bennyc 15:56 21 Aug 03

It really depends if you want to spend any money on a firewall if you don't the ZoneAlarm if more than fine with its updates, but obivously the more money the better the product.

But ZoneAlarm is great product for nothing.

acrobat270 15:59 21 Aug 03

I have used Norton Anti Virus with Norton Personal Firewall for the last couple of years and am very pleased with it. Never had a problem with installation/updates. Receive alert e-mails whenever something big is going around ie Blaster Worm etc, which contain links to patches, updates and info. Also back up these products with spyware blaster and spyware guard (both free downloads) to avoid spyware etc. Hope this of use?

scooby43 16:00 21 Aug 03

thanks for your reply I mean the big names perhaps are norton and mcaffee but I am not Entirely sure which to choose.

bennyc 16:03 21 Aug 03

I've tested the new Norton AntiVirus 2004 and it's got spyware and other malicous content protection so thats going to be even better.

I've also found that Norton is v. good you just need a lot of system resources.

canard 17:11 21 Aug 03

Some people prefer Sygate [also free].

scooby43 18:22 21 Aug 03

thanks for the replys norton seems the best buy :)

Meshuga 18:28 21 Aug 03

Scooby43.I use Preventon firewall and find it very good. It`s uncomplicated to use and has a log page so that you can see all it`s done.
It`s not free though but well worth the cost.
Meshuga.

Tenner 18:48 21 Aug 03

Test your system at click here or click here worth a look but they are selling firewalls

Regards

scooby43 19:06 22 Aug 03

thanks for all the posts

Belatucadrus 20:44 22 Aug 03

I prefer Kerio2 personal firewall click here , it's compact, unobtrusive and does all I require of a firewall. Unlike some others the free version is complete and identical to the paid version, nothing has been disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…