Recommendations on this fan plz

Gran_T_Boy 16:10 24 Jan 03

My pc currently runs at 52c, and i was having a lot of problems with unstable, crashing etc.

so iv decided on buying a new cpu fan, it is a THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 7 from here click here, i have a p4 1.6 ghz, but im not too sure on my m/b.

could anyone provide some info if this seems a good one or not? cause iv got no idea on speeds of fans and everything concerning them!

i was aiming for a quiet fan, but worthy enough to keep it at a suitable temp!

thanks for any help

woodchip 16:16 24 Jan 03

How much software have you got on your drive, What OS

Gran_T_Boy 16:19 24 Jan 03

winxp pro, and 10gb out of 40gb, i formated it at the weekend to see if it would make a change, but nothing!

woodchip 16:23 24 Jan 03

Just read a Article in a new Mag yesterday and Windows fall's over with between 2 AND 4gB software your temps are not the problem

Gran_T_Boy 18:36 24 Jan 03

sorry, i had to go out earlier and couldnt reply.

so what could u sugest i do woodchip? i have no knowledge at all in this subject!

jediknight007 18:43 24 Jan 03

You could try buying a new PSU. What is your current PSU? You might need to buy a higher powered one. It's quite a common cause of crashing PCs.

woodchip 18:46 24 Jan 03

Remove software that you do not use, until you get to a reasonable level. Use the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel

Gran_T_Boy 20:30 24 Jan 03

well, right now i have a 400 psu, i'll giv my pc another clean up and uninstal programs i dont need!

could u also tell me if the cpu fan is good? cause my friend has now seen it and is wondering if he should buy it!

thanks for all your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…