Recommendations for automated back up ?

Minkey1 16:54 09 Mar 06

Hi all

I've bought a WD network drive to back up docs, photos etc. It didn't come with any kind of sync/back up utility. I'm not so concerned about full PC hard drive image copying, just a little application to automate back ups, preferably just the folder changes since the last one.

Anyone any suggestions ? Freeware would be good, but I don't mind paying for a reliable program.

I've seen a few via Google but would be happier with a recommendation here !

Regards

Mike

mole44 17:00 09 Mar 06

if like me your using xp,i use norton ghost.i also back up pics to to cd`s/dvd and keep them in seperate places i.e. one inside the house one in one of my sheds,then at least you have copies.belt and braces i know but it works for me,i have pics going back to 1900`s so there very very precious.

Rigga 17:12 09 Mar 06

try SyncBack > click here < the freeware download is about half way down the page.

I use it to automate backup of my 6 partitions to one external drive. Scheduled to run overnight.

HTH. R.

Minkey1 17:42 09 Mar 06

Mole, yes, I'm on XPH. For key events (hols and special occasions) I do back up to CD/DVD & off the machines altogether, but was looking for an everyday type solution, without the Norton overhead. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rigga, I'll have a look at SyncBack, cheers.

Any other suggestions ?

Mike

Belatucadrus 17:47 09 Mar 06

click here Winbackup

click here Driveimage

click here Lexun Backup

See what suits your requirements

Minkey1 20:19 09 Mar 06

Looks like SyncBack or Winbackup. Will try 'em

Cheers all.

terryf 22:03 09 Mar 06

Acronis will do scheduled backups, takes about 5 minutes to backup 7GB and 15 to restore

bluto1 22:42 09 Mar 06

I`m late, I know, but I agree with terryf.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…