Recommendation for a Web Host

exprog 14:43 02 Mar 14

Hi I'm looking to delve into Web programming, and am looking for recommendations for a host. It seems that there are many to choose from, and that makes it difficult to decide. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Proclaimer 18:18 03 Mar 14

Take a look at Storm Internet they are offering 'Free Lifetime' hosting if you buy a Two Year hosting package now. There are customer reviews on their site and I have used them for seven years now.

jamesright 19:43 04 Mar 14

You have not mentioned the location where you are. One thing to consider when choosing a web host that location of server does have impacts on performance of a website. e.g. if you are based in UK and your host server is in Alaska or Canada or Australia, this will make life difficult. I would recommend to look at the following reliable companies, again depends what kind of website is it (for UK)

1. 123 Reg
  2. Go daddy (servers located far- may work for you)
  3. Webfusion (part of 123 reg)
  4. Host gator (for light use)
  5. 1 & 1 (not reliable but ok)
  6. fast host

My experience with cheap web hosts may not always be the solution to go with. Customer services is the most important thing for me.

JackSimone 05:39 23 Apr 14

It is very depends on your requirement. If you use linux hosting, then you can find the linux hosting provider. Basically I use .net programming and I always use windows hosting provider. I have many experience with windows hosting provider, but it seems that I only love with asphostportal.com. Previously, I used 3 hosting provider until I found them. They have good pricing, good feature and the most important thing for me my site is working faster than other provider.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced