Recommendation for new PC wnated

Bewildered! 09:55 29 Dec 05

Hi Everyone - found your forum and thought I'd ask for some help from all you knowledgable people as I really don't have much of a clue when it comes down to buying a new PC. The problem all started when I was bought an iPod for Christmas and when trying to install the software into my PC I was told that I needed Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP! I have a Packard Bell aur@ which runs ME.

So I guess I need to upgrade?

I don't play games. I use the internet a lot. WP. Banking. I have a digital camera and like to store photo's. Play music CD's. I have a budget of about £750 max. Any ideas?

All advice is much appreciated and if ever you need Interior Design advice or golf tips, I'm your woman!

Thanks so much ;)

Trackrat 10:13 29 Dec 05

AS you do not play games any cheap computer will do.
Onboard graphics will suffice, make sure you have at least 512mb memory and a full copy of the XP operating system
Something like this would be OK.

click here

stylehurst 10:18 29 Dec 05

Strongly recommend that you investigate the Novatech range.
Good PCs good service very helpful if you speak to them

Diodorus Siculus 10:29 29 Dec 05

Are you happy with current monitor or does that have to be included in your budget?

click here for Aldi's machine at a penny under your budget! It will do all you want, and more - maybe it is even overkill.

If you want a monitor included, take a look at Navatech as suggested above:

click here
for a good all rounder; click here for a decent 19inch tft.

Diodorus Siculus 10:31 29 Dec 05

Those two will take you £80 under budget which you can spend on a decent keyboard / mouse / speakers / etc.

Dellman 11:16 29 Dec 05

Have you tried MESH?

Sharpamatt 18:56 29 Dec 05

before spending anything post your present computer specs. it may only need an OS update

Bewildered! 22:02 29 Dec 05

I can't remember the specs it was so long ago and I've had a look round and can't find whereabouts I look for list of specifications. Sorry, told you I wasn't PC familiar!

Bewildered! 22:05 29 Dec 05

Here are the specs of the PC from the PB web site. Don't know how to do the short cut links, sorry.

click here#

Diodorus Siculus 22:13 29 Dec 05

That looks fairly basic but should work ok with XP; the question to ask yourself is do you want a new one? There is never a good time to buy but now is pretty favourable I suppose. There are good deals to be found.

Bewildered! 22:16 29 Dec 05

My current PC runs really slow as it is and hangs for ages when I open Outlook Express or Word so I suppose I am concerned that if I load XP (which is most probably hungrier than ME) then it'll only get worse?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…