Recommendation for DVD watching download

spuds 18:02 PM 07 Nov 11
Answered

Can you recommend a good dvd player download and link.

I have just downloaded the latest version of Real Player onto the computer, and for some reason it does not want to work?.

Any help appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:19 PM 07 Nov 11

VLC player will play everything

eedcam 18:21 PM 07 Nov 11

real player Yuk! why not just use windows media player or better still get VLC player its free VLC Player

spuds 18:31 PM 07 Nov 11
Answer

Thanks guys, looks like I will be downloading VLC, and give that a try.

I used Real Player quite some time ago, and through some problem or another took it off the compute. Thought that I would give it another try today, but had problems, which could be Real Player or the computer?.

Thanks again, will tick this as resolved.

spuds 18:58 PM 07 Nov 11

Not sure what as just happened, but I used the link Fruit Bat provided, and commenced to download, when Avast warned me of a suspect file, and recommended that I used Avast sandbox. Did that and everything seemed to commence to instal okay, then the system crashed, rebooted and a report was given via Microsoft as to what might have been the 'blue screen' problem.

Checked in XP Add/Remove, and no indication of programme download?.

I will try the link provided by eedcam, and see what happens?.

spuds 19:12 PM 07 Nov 11

It would appear that when I tried to download the first time, I jumped the gun, by perhaps not downloading properly?.

Tried the second link and went to completion. Still cannot view a dvd, and get report error messages, so it looks like a problem with the computer, which I will try and sort out later.

Thanks once again for links and recommendation, much appreciated.

lotvic 19:36 PM 07 Nov 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ that looks like a bad link, it goes to fake VLC site and has malware trying to download.

eedcam's is the proper link http://www.videolan.org/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…