Recommend a Printer

firstnoel 10:29 20 Jul 09

Could anyone PLEASE recommend a good basic HP Printer, that is EASY to install on my Acer laptop, which has Vista Home Basic. One that can also use compatible inks safely, and is not NOISY to use. Separate ink cartridges would be an advantage also, as would photo card slots. Is it possible to still get ink cartridges that have the printer heads attached to them?

T I M B O 11:40 20 Jul 09

Why does the printer have to be HP make?

jamesd1981 16:45 20 Jul 09

hi noel dont know about hp mate im a big epson fan they are good price to buy and cheap to run at £8 per cartridge there printouts are great i would recommend 2 i have use an epson sx200 which is a 3 in 1 printer scanner and copier easy to install and use decent scanner and great prints 4 cartridge system it takes memory cards and usb sticks its on sale at mo in tesco for near half price £49.99 or if u got more cash to spend i use the epson stylus r360 costs £80 is a stanalone photo printer you can use it with or without pc it takes cards and usb sticks also does disc printing using printer ink direct to special white topped printable discs u can buy.

Muergo 20:24 20 Jul 09

I do a large number of high quality photos, I have had Epson and now Canon for two years, the Canon iP6700D has six separate ink tanks and takes cards, bluetooth and direct plug in of camera, without PC and also with PC has several photo programs bundled.
It is not fast for ordinary text but then it is for photos, you can adjust layout and correction on small integral screen. Also will direct print on CD/DVD without using a label. Auto double sided printing, no need to reload paper. It has had two years of hard use without new printhead or need for cleaning, new ink cleans itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…