Recommend a printer?

orlandogreenback 18:54 14 Jan 04

Can anyone recommend a printer? It'll be used primarily to print out legal documents so colour isn't really a necessity; however, I would like it to be relatively cheap and have low(ish) running costs. Is there an appreciable difference between USB and Parallel port printers? Help always appreciated... ta in advance.

961 19:03 14 Jan 04

HP are worth considering because you get a new print head with every ink cartridge. With Epson the head is in the printer and if it goes wrong you will need a new printer

I suggest you go to PCWorld and have a look. As models tend to change every 6 months or so you'll often find models reduced in price. Then if you wish order from mail order supplier or bring it home with you from PCWorld

More money brings quicker speeds but even the cheapest produce good print output

Most will now have USB only and if you need the older connection you may well pay more. There is no difference in performance that you will notice

AndyJ 19:20 14 Jan 04

If you're thinking of doing a lot of printing and colour's not a requirement, then I would seriously consider a cheap laser. I understand Brother do an excellent one for around £160 although I don't know the model number offhand. Perhaps someone else can advise.

You'll certainly get better printouts and cheaper running costs.

Belatucadrus 21:24 14 Jan 04

I recently got one of the heavily discounted Samsung ML-1210 lasers from Staples, though I understand PCWorld did a similar one at about the same price. Best £50 I've spent on PCs in ages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017