Recommend a Movie Maker?

Marky_Bhoy 08:51 27 Jan 04

I have juist discovered the windows Movie Maker that comes bundled with XP pro.

It's a great little program with lots a neat tools.

However, I suspect that there are other movie makers out there that are better.

Could anyone recommend one?

Mark

P.S I use my Sony Cyber-shot DSC P10 to make my films.

carlos 09:35 27 Jan 04

I have found very user-friendly and reliable for my Sony PC110 digicam. Also, I have just bought Nova Video Explosion Deluxe to possibly move over to. This is because I have read good reviews and, importantly it has a big and comprehensive package of sounds, videos, transitions. It also has a wider output format.It costs only a little more than Pinnacle. A small beef with Pinnacle is that they give you special fx transitions but lock most of the smart ones out unless you go and buy them to add-on, I believe.Also,not many sound effects and music clips. No big deal as one can easily get more.

MichelleC 10:19 27 Jan 04

Movie Studio is pretty much the most rock solid dv editor click here. Or this free one is better than MM click here

Marky_Bhoy 19:02 28 Jan 04

thanks for your sugesstions.

Has anyone else got Pinnacle? I was considering downloading it from download.com but I was scared off by some of the reviews.

y_not 19:39 28 Jan 04

Studio 8 - while it works its brilliant when it freezes (frequently) its a pain.

Best thing is simplicity of use : worst thing is unreliability of software - never good after a couple of hours of editing to find that it decides to freeze!

That said I still use it (guess cause I paid for it!)

Belatucadrus 19:54 28 Jan 04

Avid free DV click here a bit limited in functions, but as it's free worth trying out.

monkon2 20:41 28 Jan 04

try adobe premiere, its a cool video app

Marky_Bhoy 22:27 28 Jan 04

thanks all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now