Recommend a Motherboard?

OTT_B 12:46 PM 11 Sep 11
Answered

Hi folks, Could anyone recommend a motherboard?

Requirements are:

For socket AM3 Phenom II X4 processor SATA3 (6gb/s) Budget around £60 (but has a little flexibility) Preferably USB3 Preferably micro ATX format

ANy suggestions welcome!

Thanks

OTT_B

gengiscant 13:28 PM 11 Sep 11

Google I must admit for a liking of Asus boards in particular with Gigabyte as my second choice.

OTT_B 14:38 PM 11 Sep 11

Thanks gengiscant. If anyone has experience of a specific board meeting my needs I'd like to hear about it.

I forgot to say on my op that some reasonable over clock options would be useful

northumbria61 15:04 PM 11 Sep 11

Decent board here but a bit over your budget however appears to have most of your requirements (if you are prepared to sacrifice USB3) - read the reviews. Can't advise any further on it.enter link description here

northumbria61 15:10 PM 11 Sep 11
Answer

This one appears to have ALL your needs enter link description here

northumbria61 15:15 PM 11 Sep 11

ASUS (above) cheaper at Amazon enter link description here

northumbria61 15:18 PM 11 Sep 11

And a full list for the ASUS enter link description here

OTT_B 19:33 PM 11 Sep 11

northumbria61: thanks for the suggestions. It does seem to meet all my needs and I've never had a problem with Asus in the past (not necessarily a good reason for continuing to use them!). Does anyone have any direct experience with this board? I'll tick your suggestion as the answer to the thread, but if anyone else has any alternatives please feel free to post.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites