Recommend me a really quiet PSU please !!!

Tinkey Winkey 23:18 04 Apr 04

I have an ageing Evesham PC and the constant hum is really beginning to get on my ****!

From what I've read the PSU is probably the worst culprit.

Note - I only have a 6mm CPU fan and an 8mm exhaust fan so they probably earn't too noisey.

I've read about quite a few Silent PSUs (which earn't particuarly cheap!)and am bewildered by the choice.

Anyone actually heard a good quiet one running please ?!

hugh-265156 23:31 04 Apr 04

never heard a good quiet one running but have heard plenty of poor quiet ones running :-)

have a look click here see Nexus NX3500 Ultra Quiet at bottom maybe if you dont have lots of power hungry bits and pieces.

large fans are quieter normally.

Dragon Heart 23:43 04 Apr 04

Try click here and download pricelist

Djohn 23:59 04 Apr 04

click here and have a read of 15 PSU's tested at tomshardware guide.

Indigo 1 00:01 05 Apr 04

click here

Some of the best and quietest PSU's available, there are some other good tips for making your PC as quiet as possible on their site too.

vinnyT 12:51 05 Apr 04

The Pink Panther, just adding that generally the smaller the fan, the louder the noise from it, this is because it has to spin faster to keep the enviroment cooler, whereas a larger fan (the best cases are now able to use 120mm fans) can be run slower/quieter to shift the same/more volume of air.

Hope this is of interest, prob not, so just ignore me:-)

Lots of info here from Fred Langa - "Cool & Quiet"
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…