Recommend me a laptop for an art installation!

Elspeth1000 10:31 23 Apr 13

I'm looking for a laptop which will be used as part of an art installation. We are aiming to connect two projectors to it, which will be used to show two different films simultaneously, projected onto screens which are ten feet square.

So, essential properties:

Must have the facility to manage multiple screens

Must have a reasonable-size hard drive

Must have a graphics card and processor which can give the best resolution possible on both screens without hanging or blurring

Thanks!

wee eddie 17:23 06 May 13

Spam - FE told

wee eddie 14:02 07 May 13

As I got a mention as having posted, because I notified FE about a Spammer on the Thread, I feel slightly obliged to see if I can help Elspeth.

Elspeth: I think the reason that you have had no response is that I don't think anyone knows of a Laptop that could run two different films at the same time.

Although I believe that a High-end Processor might, repeat might, be able to run two films simultaneously, I believe that two separate Graphics Cards would be required.

I doubt that there are any, normally available, Lappies available with such a configuration.

You might have to build your own. In which case a Lappy would be out of the question - No space for two cards.

dffred 03:35 09 May 13

Good luck to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…