Recommend Digital Projector

HighTower 14:41 08 Apr 03

Can anyone recommend a value for money digital projector to be used in a conference venue for general powerpoint presentations? Reliability is important as it will be hired out to delegates, but naturally cost is an issue.

Thanks

€dstow 15:03 08 Apr 03

Personally, I don't think "value for money" and "digital projector" can sit easily in the same sentence, never mind next to each other!

For our presentations we use a 50" plasma screen. I realise this may not be suitable but is a digital projector?

€d

HighTower 15:12 08 Apr 03

Thanks for response, any more comments anyone?

Patr100 15:13 08 Apr 03

You don't say what your budget is or the typical size of the room it may be used in. Start by looking at the PCA reviews of data projectors on this site click here

Sir Radfordin™ 15:24 08 Apr 03

Data Projectors (as in Patr100's link) should be fine for the purpose. We use them at work and have very few problems with them. Most have a warning telling you the life of the lamp is up so you know to replace it.

Look at lamp life/cost as they are a bit more than a light for the house!

A 50" plasma screen is not going to be cheap!

€dstow 15:27 08 Apr 03

A plasma screen certainly isn't cheap but digital projectors aren't either. I can't see either how some of them justify charging several hundred pounds for what is little more that a fancy light bulb.

€d

HighTower 10:34 09 Apr 03

Thanks everyone for your input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…