Recommend AntiVirus?

Lobsang 21:45 28 Apr 04

Hi, Does anyone know a good antivirus, which is free, and updates virus definitions etc occasionally. Excluding AVG and Norton. Tried them both, just want a change. Thanks.

ozzy 123 21:50 28 Apr 04

a few years ago i tried click here idont know if its there still but i found it ok at the time.
best wishes ozzy

romanab 21:54 28 Apr 04

This is meant to be quite good click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:55 28 Apr 04

Why change? They are both excellent and you will not get any better. All well-known AV's are as good as each other.

Mike2002 22:22 28 Apr 04

I use AVG Free Edition and wouldn't be without it. It's alerted and stopped viruses and Diallers in my Temporary Internet Files that other programs failed to pickup.

HXP 22:56 28 Apr 04

I have been using Norton 2004 , the 'suite' spam & ad blocker anti virus and firewall - got it all for under £20 from on a special offer usually £40 plus.Free updates for 1 year.

Very good easy to set up and if you have broadband you def need the firewall & antivirus.

spuds 23:03 28 Apr 04
  Lobsang 13:07 29 Apr 04

Hi all sorry for late reply. Thanks for all recommendations. I think i might stick with AVG then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…