//some 3rd party need geo

Recomending an external DVD-RW please

ray27 18:52 09 Jan 04

Can anyone recommend a DVD-RW external either USB or Firewire connection?

The system I now have has large hard drive, lots of memory and a good graphics card.
I got it in November of last year but did not want the DVD rw as they did not seem to agree on what the standard would be.

I have read that they are now coming to terms as to which system will be standard and decided to take the plunge and try my hand at digital home movies.

Any advice would be most welcome

Bris 21:53 10 Jan 04

Hi ray
Cant help much but as no one else has responded I thought you may be feeling lonely.
Firstly the DVD+R DVD-R debate.. there is still no indication which way it will go but now that Microsoft have come down in favour of DVD+R this might tip the balance. There are now a number of external DVD-RW drives that support both DVD+R and DVD-R so if you want to hedge your bets then go for one of these. Note that DVD+R media is more expensive than DVD-R but not much.
Secondly if you have USB 1 then go for Firewire input. If you have USB 2 then either Firewire or USB should be ok as their throughput is roughly the same.

Good luck with it.

Demora 22:56 10 Jan 04

Hi.

Try Here.

click here

Good luck.

Demora

ray27 08:47 12 Jan 04

Thanks for the info I was getting a bit worried then ,it would have been the first time I hadn't been offered advice
Many thanks once again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…