Recomendation for Internet Security please.

23790954 16:17 10 Aug 04

Having posted this request several months ago, and not receiving a reply, I would like some information on the following:
As a silver surfer( O.A.P.) I have both Norton Firewall and Anti-virus installed on my computer.
The Norton Anti-virus is about to expire, but I would prefer another make of Internet Security to install. Although the Norton software has worked fine, the problem is that too much memory with Norton Anti-virus installed, makes the system unstable. I do know that making your system more stable, following the instructions of
Symantec web site (optimizing your system) would rectify the problem, but I feel, to go through several pages of instructions to optimise your system just to increase your memory is somewhat time wasting. I build and repair systems for my children and grandchildren, and I do not wish to go through this rigmarole each time I update a system. Could some please recommend another make of Internet Security which is as good as Norton, but remains stable irrespective of how much memory is installed.

johnsims 16:23 10 Aug 04

AVG anti virus and the Windows XP service pack 2 firewall would be the cheapest route to follow. AVG have a free version that is pretty damn good, Service Pack 2 XP firewall sounds like it will be nearly as good as Zone Alarm. Zone Alarm (also a free version) is a bit paranoid in some respects - but it is the best.

Belatucadrus 17:05 10 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…