Recomendation for Internet Security please.

23790954 16:17 10 Aug 04

Having posted this request several months ago, and not receiving a reply, I would like some information on the following:
As a silver surfer( O.A.P.) I have both Norton Firewall and Anti-virus installed on my computer.
The Norton Anti-virus is about to expire, but I would prefer another make of Internet Security to install. Although the Norton software has worked fine, the problem is that too much memory with Norton Anti-virus installed, makes the system unstable. I do know that making your system more stable, following the instructions of
Symantec web site (optimizing your system) would rectify the problem, but I feel, to go through several pages of instructions to optimise your system just to increase your memory is somewhat time wasting. I build and repair systems for my children and grandchildren, and I do not wish to go through this rigmarole each time I update a system. Could some please recommend another make of Internet Security which is as good as Norton, but remains stable irrespective of how much memory is installed.

johnsims 16:23 10 Aug 04

AVG anti virus and the Windows XP service pack 2 firewall would be the cheapest route to follow. AVG have a free version that is pretty damn good, Service Pack 2 XP firewall sounds like it will be nearly as good as Zone Alarm. Zone Alarm (also a free version) is a bit paranoid in some respects - but it is the best.

Belatucadrus 17:05 10 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…