Recomend email program

sellewe 14:20 18 Sep 04

I am having trouble with Outlook Express and would like to change to another program. Would someone please give some information and advice.

stalion 14:28 18 Sep 04

microsoft outlook

Get away from Microsoft to a more secure, free, Pegasus Mail click here
Been using it for years - no problems.

rawprawn 14:32 18 Sep 04

click here I have been using Outlook for the last 4 years but I am very impressed by this free program.

Irishman 14:36 18 Sep 04

Neither of those will handle Hotmail or Yahoo, at least not without a lot of fiddling but this will

click here

JayDay 14:40 18 Sep 04

Try Thunderbird. It's free. click here

ePrompter is good for monitoring multiple email accounts, but isn't designed to be an email client.

JayDay 14:42 18 Sep 04

Thunderbird does work with Yahoo mail. I have set it up no probs.

sellewe 14:42 18 Sep 04

Thanks for your quick and helpful information. I will try each one except Outlook as I would worry about its security.

Irishman 14:55 18 Sep 04

Which prog did you use to set up Yahoo with Tbird. I have tried and can't get it to work. Have you ever tried to set up Hotmail on it?

JayDay 15:06 18 Sep 04

You need to alter your mail options in Yahoo Mail. Go to Mail Options then click on POP Access and Forwarding. Select the option Web & POP Access.

Your incoming server is
Your outgoing server is

You will find further details of setting on a link next to Web & POP Access link.

I have used numerous email clients and have always managed to get my Yahoo Mail. Any probs please contact me.

Irishman 15:11 18 Sep 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…