Recomend Backup/ Restore Program

rawprawn 16:31 13 Apr 04

Can any one recomend a good backup/restore program. I want to backup all C drive to my D drive.The main criterea should be ease of use for backup and restore. Thanks dennis

christmascracker 16:37 13 Apr 04

Acronis True Image 7.

I back up from C to D and it takes roughly 8 minutes.

To restore from the image takes about 10.

Very easy to use.Creating the image is done from within windows and to restore an image you boot the PC from the startup disc.

You can also backup to CD or DVD

I think the price is around £30 but if you by any chance have the free version of Acronis true image deluxe then you can buy the upgrade which is under £20.

I've used it a good few times now and it works perfectly

click here

Skeletor 16:48 13 Apr 04

I use Acronis Trueimage. It's so easy to use (if I can use it anyone can) Whats more, a few mags give it away on their cover CD's.

rawprawn 18:47 13 Apr 04

Thanks for the info I will check it out, I have been trying a program called Handy Backup. Any comments.

rawprawn 18:51 13 Apr 04

Is there a way I can try it before putting my money up front, so that I can make a comparison ?

Skeletor 19:00 13 Apr 04

Don't know anything about Handy Backup, but nip down to your local newsagent and check out the PC mags cover discs, I'm sure you'll find Acronis Trueimage on one of them.

Tinkey Winkey 19:39 13 Apr 04

:)

rawprawn 19:43 13 Apr 04

Thanks I have to scoot now but as Mc Arthur said I shall return.

keenan 19:48 13 Apr 04

15 day free trial

click here

I use Norton Ghost & Acronis but as ' christmascracker' said 'Acronis' is quick!

Djohn 19:53 13 Apr 04

Drive image 7 is an excellent application for this. I use it, find it very easy and straightforward. click here

rawprawn 08:06 14 Apr 04

Thanks to all for your responses, I can now make comparisons and then decide which suits me best. Much appreciated. Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…