Recognising LPT1 printer port first time

santa2 19:19 21 Apr 06

I am using Windows XP. When switching on computer it doesn't recognise that the LPT1 printer port is there, so I have to go to device manager uninstall the Comms2 port and restart the computer, then it recognises LPT1 and I'am able to print, but the next day I have to go through this again; this could damage the hardware Iam sure. What could I do so as to make windows see LPT1 printer port every first time the computers switched on?
Thanks for helpin

gudgulf 19:29 21 Apr 06

I had this problem with XP and an old HP printer......the real problem was with using an LPT1 printer with drivers that weren't fully compatible with XP.Try the manufacturers website or somewhere like Drivers.com and see if an updated driver is available for your printer (didn't work for me).

Best solution is a more up to date printer with USB connection....haven't had a print problem since updating mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…