//some 3rd party need geo

Recognising Font

Is there anyway of recognising specific fonts. I have some jpegs,gifs etc at work that are headings so I want to make headed paper etc but I need to use the same style writing for elsewhere on the page. Hope you understand what I mean!!

ade.h 21:05 27 Jun 06

There is click here (hope I have the URL right; it's typed from memory) which may help.

Thanks ade.h I dunno if that link does it but what I need really is to copy the jpeg with the lettering in into something and it come back and say 'hey thats arial'!!

ade.h 21:22 27 Jun 06

It can't work a miracle! What you describe is physically not possible without a real piece of text from which to sample. OCR isn't sufficient. That website will ask you a series of questions about the font.

wiz-king 05:05 28 Jun 06

use unusual fonts then you must be careful to use one that others will be able to read. It's OK to use an unusual font for a printed letter heading but unless you send every thing as PDF's then any on-line reader will not see your document in the font you intended, their computer will select what it considers to be the nearest.
Another site to look through click here

Pesala 23:51 16 Dec 06

Bumping up this frequent question with a useful link for your bookmarks:

What Font is This? click here

You need a reasonably clear sample of at least four or five different letters of the font to give the site a decent chance of identifying it. GIF images are ideal.

Stuartli 00:05 17 Dec 06

You may already have what you require on your system.

In Control Panel, click on Fonts. A list will appear of the fonts available; clicking on a font will bring up a display of letters and numbers in that particular example.

Stuartli 00:06 17 Dec 06

There are plenty of free fonts websites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…