reclaming lost hdd space

jospar 21:11 22 Mar 03

brought a 40g hard drive maxtor fireball, but old mobo and windows 98se wouldn't reconise full 40g, only 32g. but i have upgraded processor + mobo, so i reformated hhd and clean install, but i can't get it to reconise the extra space, i've tried fdisk, and seagate wizard which took hours to write the zeros low formate, but then wouldn't let me format/partiton, i had do use masterbaster 2 for this, but it would't let me use the spare space, and i can't seem to see a low format on it. is there a safe way of reclaiming this space, or is it batter to put up with the loss.

cream. 21:27 22 Mar 03

Have you checked that it has not got a 32gig size limiting jumper on it?

Qoute" or is it batter to put up with the loss."
You may have had your chips? lol

jospar 23:04 22 Mar 03

yes i've checked that to max size is around about 160g, its all new with p4 processor, it was a complete night-mare build, what could go wrong did, after printer refused to load, i went back to 98se, 2 weeks later using every trick under the sun, still had no printer. got down to checking every wire that could conect to something, to find out all my problems lay in a loose connection in the main power plug supply. i'm now concidering reinstallin xp? mind you it cooulld be the excuse that i need to get a bigger hard drive?

Gaz 25 23:19 22 Mar 03

I have a 120Gig HDD that shows as 118 then an 80Gig that shows as 72gig, and a 100 that shows as 91gig.

Would not worry!

Gaz 25 23:29 22 Mar 03

I have a 120Gig HDD that shows as 118 then an 80Gig that shows as 72gig, and a 100 that shows as 91gig.

Would not worry!

jospar 01:03 03 Jun 03

I'm glad to say that I can now put a tick against this thread.

I've managed to regain the full quto of my hard drive. I knew that I get there in the end. A revisit to maxtor and a up-grade masterblast, and a tango with the jumpe setting on the drive did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…