Recieving Video Clips

Vulcan617 14:28 10 Feb 03

My Pc is running with an AMD1500 processor.My graphics card is a TRident Video Accelerator Blade 3d/Promedia 8mb. My monitor is an AOC17"lcd.
My problem is when trying to recieve video clips on the internet. If I set my monitor to 1280 by 1024 and 16 bit colour the video clips flash continuously on and off.If I set 32bit colour and a lower screen resolution the video is OK.Is the trouble with my video card and if so can I fit something like a Radeon AGP card into a spare PCI slot. I am a 68yr old trying to understand all this modern technology.

MartinT-B 14:59 10 Feb 03

An AGP card will not work in a PCI slot. You need an AGP slot on your motherboard.

These are Brown - PCI slots are (usually) white.

This is an explanation of AGP

Accelerated Graphics Port

A dedicated graphics bus slot on PC motherboards. Designed by Intel, AGP operates at 66 MHz and transfers data at a rate up to 528 MB/sec. By comparison, the PCI slot that most graphics cards currently use runs at 33 MHz and has a maximum transfer rate of 132 MB/sec.

AGP's greater bandwidth will allow game and 3D application developers to store and retrieve larger, more realistic textures in system memory rather than video memory, without incurring a dramatic performance hit.

Copied from Cnet Glossary.

Someone else may be able to give you more hep with your current set-up.

MartinT-B 15:11 10 Feb 03

Hvaing noticed that the above still assumes that most users have a PCI graphic card connection, I have emailed Cnet and asked them to update the Glossary!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…