recieving freeview

wadjic 12:29 20 Sep 06

I have a Digenius freeview box and I live between Cardiff & Swansea, I cannot get channels 11, 12,and 31 film four, their not shown on the index listing is it my area or does freeview not transmit these progs out any Ideas welcomed
your wadjic

anskyber 12:33 20 Sep 06

click here do your postcode check

xania 12:56 20 Sep 06

Can't be sure about them all, but you should certtainly get Film 4. Also a word of warning. Do not attempt to upgrade to Top-up. The current service is being withdrawn and you need a £180 piece of kit to get the newer version.
click here also for further advice on your technical problems.

mattyc_92 13:03 20 Sep 06

I had problems with "Sky Three", "Sky Sports News" and "Sky News" (these were the most effected). After weeks of having to turn the freeview box off at the wall for 15minutes before using these channels (they would appear as "No Signal" if I didn't, and if I scanned for new channels, these ones would be removed).
The box was fine though for around 3 months, and then these problems started.
I returned the box and brought a new one.

All seems OK at the moment.

Stuartli 13:25 20 Sep 06

Some Freeview channels can only/in many cases be picked up with a wideband TV aerial (often described as a "digital aerial" for marketing purposes).

Stuartli 13:29 20 Sep 06

Part of the problem is that signal strength on some MUXs (at least in the case of Winter Hill and some others) is very low on occasions.

My Pioneer set top box receives all the 89 TV and other channels from Winter Hill, but my Freeview PCI TV card will sometimes bring in the main ITV channels, More 4 and E4 with a strong signal and, on other occasions, the signal strength is so low that only the audio is picked up.

johnnyrocker 13:34 20 Sep 06

have you retuned or scanned for new channels as this may be all that is required.

johnny.

rodriguez 14:23 20 Sep 06

If you end up having to have an aerial upgrade, you may as well spend the £150 it's likely to cost on Freesat. Call Sky and order Freesat and they'll send an engineer round to install a dish and DigiBox with a card for about the same as you'd pay for a new aerial installation. The plus side with is you still get the Freeview channels with a load of extra ones, you'll get a good signal (as long as nothing can block the dish) and if you decide to add subscription channels in the future, you can just phone Sky and they'll add them within an hour or so or maybe less and bill you at the end of the month in the same way that Sky subscribers change their package. click here for more information about it.

Stuartli 14:52 20 Sep 06

The Freesat website states:

Sky Box Already Installed

If, on the other hand, you buy a secondhand Sky box on e-bay (or buy one new) and either install it yourself or get a friend or local installer to install it, then all you need to pay Sky is a one-off payment of £20 for a Sky Freesat card. This one off fee applies even if you have no current Sky subscription.

You can get the main Freeview channels but not all of them. Available channels list:

click here

Stuartli 14:53 20 Sep 06

More Freesat info at:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…